Finally made it to my parents’ last night to celebrate with my family about my brother getting his licenses yesterday. We were going to go to a Mexican restaurant but decided on a local bar-and-grill typed place called Mike’s. Oh, but before I go into that . . .
Oh my goodness, it was so good! Yummy! It’s blurry but it’s a cookie sandwich! Two large chocolate cookies with thick vanilla icing in the middle and sprinkles on the outside! I saw it when I was getting my brother’s cookie cake and it was on sale for two dollars for two cookies!
I only ate half of it and gave the rest of the cookie to Alec but it was delicious. The fact that it’s sister is waiting patiently to be consumed at my apartment is killing me.
For actual dinner I had . . .
Potato soup with cheese and crackers. I put butter on my crackers because I think it tastes good – is that weird? After the soup, I also had . . .
A bar-be-que sandwich and crinkled fries! Yummy! I love bar-be-que so much! With the fries, I dipped them in ketchup, which is [obviously] not pictured. And can you believe that this was only $3.50? Well, it was and it was good. I snagged a chicken wing off of Alec’s plate [ten wings and fries – also three-fifty ] and it was decent but not hot enough for me.
By the way, taking pictures of your food in a busy, small town restaurant is apparently a no-no. I got so many strange looks. What? Doesn’t everyone take pictures of their food?! Apparently not in rural Georgia. I don’t care – it was yummy and worthy of a picture!
When we got back to my parents, I had another slice of cookie cake and watched the Olympics with the family. When we finally got home [you know, at eleven . . .] I just went to sleep. Now it’s almost one on Thursday and I’m starving!!! I’ve had nothing to eat all day because I’ve had no time and I didn’t eat breakfast nor pack a lunch because I went to sleep last night.
Hopefully I’ll be able to snag some lunch before my next class since I’ll be busy again today! Here’s the schedule for the rest of the day:
- 1:00pm – find a place that sells food and buy it. Consume.
- 2:00pm – Go to class. Try not to fall asleep or get called on.
- 3:30pm – go stand in the cold next to the hotel on campus. Try not to look creepy. Wait for my supervisor to pick me up.
- 4:00-6:20: Drive to a far away place near Atlanta to conduct a training. Curse the whole way since I’ll be crammed into a seven person van with six other people, all of our equipment and our bookbags.
- 6:20-7:00: Wolf down the promised sandwich and be satisfied. Set up room for training and stay calm.
- 7:00-8:30: listen to everyone else while they do their mildly interesting topics and try to look knowledgable and older. Being the youngest in the room will not come with perks tonight.
- 8:30-9:00: Do my not-so-interesting part of the training. Try not to stutter, be nervous, look stupid, or piss anyone off. Oh, and please keep the blushing to a minimum.
- 9:00-11:30: Clean up the room and the drive back to Athens. Curse that it’s late and now my bed time and I’m shoved in a van full of strangers. Text Alec for sympathy. Get none in return since he’s either in the meeting from hell or asleep.
- 11:30 – ?: Get picked up from Alec at an apartment complex. Once again, try not to be creepy. Go home, talk about the training, grab a snack/meal, and pack for Alec’s mom’s wedding since I slept last night. Be really mad that I can’t just go to sleep.
And yeah, that’s pretty much it. I’m off to find food now!